Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Creator will be among us...

...apologies to the religious minded but I am not talking about God, although I suspect some people in rural villages in Guatemala, Ecuador or South Africa might say he is. I am talking about Greg Van Kirk, the man who created SEC and whose 2 minute video on microconsignment I posted last week. Mr. Van Kirk is coming to class today for the 9:30am-Noon portion.

What will he talk about?

What is he expecting of us?

What should we ask him?

Should we ask him anything?

Should we kiss the ground he walks on?

Of course that last one was a joke, but Professor Dicklitch swears he will win a Nobel Peace Prize one day...so I may not have been joking as much as I intended to.

On another note, SWOT analysis was finally broken down for us yesterday by BOS (Business, Organizations and Society) Professor, and newly endowed chair, Trex Proffitt. Essentially it stands for Stengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats and it is the tool that we are to use to evaluate the work being done on the ground in South Africa...as well as out own Lancaster based business plans that we will have to complete upon our return. (I'll go into more detail about the Lancaster based business plan in a later post.) Finally though, I feel that I am theoretically fully prepared to attempt the task that SEC and F&M have laid out for us. No, I do not think that I am an experr by any stretch of the imagination...but I feel that I am better able to futz my way through this now.

Ok, I need to finishing up a reading for class, but as always, thanks for reading!

-Diggs

Posted via email from Diggs' Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment