Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And then The Fridge kept me from working...

I came to the The Fridge, a Lancaster, PA establishment with 8 fridges stocked with craft beer and microbrews and a chef who can make some good artisan pizza, with the intention of getting some readings for tomorrow’s South Africa prep class done. I loaded the readings onto my computer while on campus because I knew I probably wouldn’t be able to access the school’s file sharing network (edisk) from here. Little did I know that Adobe had only loaded a portion of the image of the pdf file, and of course I can’t load the rest of it because I am off campus.

So my solution was to blog about the day instead. I go to posterous.com but instead of their log in screen, I get a log in box requesting a guest password. Granted, up until this time, I had been receiving tweets from tweetdeck, checked my Facebook and sent off two emails...so I thought I was connected. I went and checked with the lady at the counter and she said that “as long as I was on the guest network, I wouldn’t need a password.” So I return to my laptop, and sure enough I check my settings and I am connected to the guest network. I see a tweet up from tweetdeck for further proof of my connectedness. However, whenever I try to get to posterous, it won’t let me. I try a few other websites, some it allowed through, others it didn’t. I guess this is what an internet censor feels like...

However, I digress...although I’m not sure what my point was in the first place. I will take my leave at this point, as you have learned nothing here today other than that I shouldn’t try to do work at The Fridge.

By the way, I wrote this on google docs.

Thanks for reading!

-Diggs

Posted via email from Diggs' Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment