Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to Basics...Reality Essentially

And so that dreaded time has come around again, break is winding down. Since my first class of the day tomorrow (Monday March 22nd 2010) is Arabic at 1330 (I'm getting myself used to military time, that's 130pm) I've decided to extend my homestay until tomorrow morning. Well in reality I'm staying home to get some work done, and I know I'll get distracted tonight in the dorms with everyone coming back. No offense 1st Ware, but I need to focus.

In any event, this delay in my departure is allowing me a few other benefits as well. I am currently on the subway into Soho to pick up another pair of the Uniqlo jeans that I've been raving about on twitter. I normally don't get excited over clothes but I was pleasantly shocked at how well they fit and how polished they feel...and for only $15...there's got to be a catch right? Guess I'll find out.

Of course as I type this, I am remembering the things that I need to do tonight...the work that I don't want to get distracted from. I have to email my proffesor my application information for the summer trip to Cairo...I do not trust the non-https website that I am supposed to submit my passport number to, yes I can be paranoid at times. I want to start, possibly finish, my story or paper or whatever the hell its going to be assignment for Good Food. I have to email for a time slot for Habitat for Humanity to take a club picture this week. I need to submit the upcoming Black Student Union event into the school calendar. And I think that's it.

Now here is the problem with remembering this now...I probably won't remember later, even though I have chronicled my agenda for the world to see, that's kind of a scary thought come to think of it, I doubt I'll remember to do all the things that I just typed out here in this email on my blackberry on the F train that is pulling into East Broadway station.

With that I think I shall end this post, I'll email it as soon as I get upstairs at Broadway-Lafayette.

Sent from my Sprint BlackBerry

Posted via email from Diggs' Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment