Monday, March 15, 2010

Rev Obama? Articulate Bush? Not Cheating Clinton...lol jk, Questions to Ponder

While I was rushing to get out my apartment earlier I happened to hear a little of President Obama's sermon...I mean speech from the Dr. King service in DC today. I know this has been noted and said before, but the President is at his oratorical best when he is placed behind the wooden stand of a pulpit. His message is just that much more forceful, that much more powerful when he gets into the rhythm and cadence of a southern baptist preacher. If all else fails in his life, he should definitely consider a life in the ministry after his turn in politics is over, he could have a real future there.

After the President's ser...speech came his two immediate predecessors to drum up support for their joint drive for Haiti. What shocked me was that President Bush the younger has regained his ability to make coherant sentences. I did a little yousearch (youtube research) about the now ex-President's infamous inability to speak clearly and I found that he was quite the master speech giver during his 1995 run for the governorship of Texas. If you don't believe me, look videos up from his debates and speeches back then, you will be amazed. So listening to him today make coherant sentences about the immediate needs of Haiti was a refreshing soundbite of vintage Bush...not that I was a supporter in anyway...but I think I can wish him well.

That third question to ponder was simply a joke...not going to touch that topic. As I end this post I am on the NJTurnpike heading south on Megabus to Philly to catch a train to Lancaster...saved $25 over doing the train out of New York straight. Anyways, hope this finds you in good health, ciao. Sent from my Sprint BlackBerry

Posted via email from Diggs' Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment